The globe isn’t golden, and neither is our snack for tonight’s broadcast. Kale is a leafy specimen that merits a superlative in the scrapbook of our undergraduate existence. Its ridges are tiny finger-like projections that catch ALL of the olive oil and bathe in the oven’s rays of heat until crisp. Your palette will be humbled by these crunchy creations that are baked, not deep fried.
This is a three-ingredient, five-star recipe that will please even the worst of critics.
Salt these to your discretion—if you’re adventurous explore the world of spices and jump through your jungle of kale with different kinds of seasonings.
Kale comprises the tree of our lives and puts the ‘hip’ in our chips.
Kale Chips (Credit to Michelle!)
- A ton of kale
- Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 350ºC
Wash your kale, and tear it into pieces.
Pour a puddle of olive oil onto a baking sheet. Lightly dip a piece of kale into the oil, then use your fingers to smear the oil all over the leaf, on both sides. Continue for each leaf. You’ll have to bake several batches anyways, so don’t overcrowd the baking sheet – each leaf should touch the sheet as this is how they get crispy. Add salt to taste, then pop the sheet into the oven for exactly 8 minutes.
And don’t forget to check your teeth before you leave the house.
- feedingbigsexy reblogged this from dinnertakesitall
- armadillomania reblogged this from dinnertakesitall
- werkitout reblogged this from wildcraic
- valjeanjolras likes this
- itsabunnyrabbit likes this
- wildcraic reblogged this from michip
- endlessnightt likes this
- armadillomania likes this
- sac875 likes this
- michip reblogged this from dinnertakesitall and added:
- michip likes this
- koalaspoopwhiletheysleep likes this
- dinnertakesitall posted this