Winter is coming and we’re eating winter squash accordingly. The best thing about this recipe’s gourd in particular is that when roasted, its flesh delicately peels away from its skin like ribbons of spaghetti. Try this recipe if you’re looking to detox those American Thanksgiving carbs, sick of eating instant noodles during exams, or are simply on a quest to chart new territories in the world of vegetable preparation. This here is one pasta that won’t give you a paunch.
Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti
- 1 spaghetti squash
- ⅓ cup carrot, diced
- ⅓ cup mushrooms, diced
- ⅓ cup zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4-5 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- ½ tsp Italian herbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tsp tomato paste + ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
Bake the squash, pierced in many places (this activity is perfect for relieving exam time stress), for 40 minutes at 375°F. Turn the squash and bake for another 15-30 minutes until tender.
While the squash is baking, dice all the veggies.
Heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 tsp sugar in a pan. Put in the onions and sauté until caramelized.
Add the rest of the veggies and 1 tsp more oil. Sauté veggies until tender then add tomato paste, water, soy sauce, and stir.
Cut squash in ½, deseed. Pull the strands apart with a fork, toss in a bit of olive oil (1-2 tsp) and season with salt, pepper, and herbs.
Combine with sauce and enjoy! Good luck with finals everyone.blog comments powered by Disqus
- vandiverok3 likes this
- meganology likes this
- armadillomania reblogged this from dinnertakesitall
- deniseas4445 likes this
- silentropae likes this
- thisisqpocprivilege reblogged this from dinnertakesitall
- livevegan reblogged this from dinnertakesitall
- nickthejam likes this
- armadillomania likes this
- koalaspoopwhiletheysleep likes this
- xmattrandallx likes this
- windfallxvx likes this
- kelleykelleymoore reblogged this from ibelieveingatsby
- ibelieveingatsby reblogged this from dinnertakesitall and added:
- dinnertakesitall posted this