Two-chow isn’t gourmet, but it nevertheless enjoys unparalleled success as St. Laurent’s worst-kept secret. Crispy egg-noodles slathered in “peanut butta sawce” are an affordable staple for everybody’s late-night jaunts around the city. Although we don’t serve our version of “toodles” to the general public with tongs and torn Styrofoam containers, we encourage everybody to make this recipe from scratch. Vegetables make our adaptation a bit healthier than the original—but no less tasty.
Two Dollar Chow Mein—Peanut Butter Noodles (Inspired by St. Laurent Toodles)
Ingredients- Serves 4
- Dash of sesame oil
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- ½ Red Pepper
- 4 bundles of dried egg noodles
- ½ -1 cup Water
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ¾ cup of peanut butter
Begin by cooking onion with sesame oil over medium-high heat.
Add carrot, zucchini, and red pepper, incorporating a bit of water in the pan as needed
Add noodles and rest of water until you have a soft but slightly crunchy bundle of joy. It should spring back to the touch, as in a loofa.
To make sauce, melt peanut butter in microwave and stir in garlic, ginger, and sesame oil.
Pour over noodles while they are still on the heat and toss to coat for about 1 min.
Chow down.blog comments powered by Disqus
- michellestories reblogged this from dinnertakesitall and added:
- starchaserlightseeker reblogged this from dinnertakesitall and added:
- armadillomania likes this
- nicoleashleyanne reblogged this from dinnertakesitall
- sillysteven likes this
- maelowpi likes this
- starchaserlightseeker likes this
- enunciate likes this
- jackiedrinkscoffee reblogged this from dinnertakesitall and added:
- dinnertakesitall posted this